Error: File does not exist?
Sheet metal stamping includes a variety of sheet-metal forming manufacturing processes, such as punching utilizing a machine press or stamping press, blanking embossing, bending, flanging, and coining. This could be a single stage operation where every stroke of the press produces the desired form on the sheet metal part, or could occur through a series of stages. The final metal work piece is developed as the strip of metal is processed through the stamping die.
The progressive die stamping process characteristics include:
- The utilization of multiple cutting and / or forming operations simultaneously
- Excellent suitability to produce small workpieces at a rapid rate
- The necessity to invest in die sets
- The ability to save time and money combining forming operations
- The capability to maintain close tolerances, depending on the tools